Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In country


Have hit the ground running. Met a team from Union Memorial in Baltimore at the airport and flew in with them The airport has a single runway, no instrument approach and small operations building. We saw several traffic accident on route as there are many scooters and nobady follows any rules. The poverty is everywhere, yet it is interspersed with great beauty.

When I got here, I ran into three surgeons I knew from Rochester, and did a case. Lots of advanced cancers, and old fractures.

My current housing is a tent - hope to move into the doctors quarters on Saturday. I've been asked to serve as the medical director for the hospital, once they found out about my management experience. Not sure wat that entails.

We only have ine compute her on the deck, and others want to get on. We have about 60 volunteers - all wonderful folks.

Time for dinner and evening rounds...

Thanks for the support

No comments:

Post a Comment